Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Birthday Wishes...

I was so fascinated by the sketch at Moxie Fab World's - Birthday Creations Week - Birthday Sketch Challenge that I had to incorporate it in my card. Besides, Cas-ual Friday's #108 - Material girl kept challenging me about the material.  I was thinking about felt which is in plenty in my stash. But somehow it was not clicking.

Yesterday night while I was trying to sleep (actually working out ideas in my mind)... the material I will use struck me :) and it is.... Liquitex Modeling paste that I bought for my canvas painting (work-in-progress) I am really not sure if it will be considered as material or not??? Nevertheless I used it. The colors at the House of Cards Week 2 - clean & simple card were the best for my card idea. Here's my card...



To make this card I die cut the square swatches and a heart inside each. I then applied the modeling paste on each heart. Once dried I painted each heart with acrylic paints. The swatches were painted in blue acrylic paint. The sentiment was printed using Word Art on MS word :) All the pieces were stuck on the card base. Finally, sequins were added using glue dots.

The challenges are -



Thanks for stopping by :)

Supplies used
Dies - Nestabilities square swatches, heart dies
Paint - Studio black, red and blue
Material - Liquitex Modeling paste
Embellisments -Art minds sequins

15 comments:

  1. Lovey ..specially the texture on cute hearts !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The turquoise with red is perfect. I love the distressed hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back again this week. Great job going for another win with this C&S card. Thanks for sharing with us at HOC C&S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh you rocked ALL the challenges! Great job Deepti, congrats on week one HOC TOPs Shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deepti, this is gorgeous! I LOVE the fabulous hearts--they're so bold and pretty! Thanks for joining us at HOC for our CAS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another interesting card, Deepti! Fun to read how you created it, especially with the modeling paste. Thanks so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting material used! I love the close up of it and I can really see that it's modelling paste. Is it similar to clay? Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply and lovely and that catches attention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The modeling paste works very well, it gives a pretty shimmering to the hearts!!
    Love those bold letters!
    Thanks for playing with us at House of Cards for our CAS challenge!
    Hope you had a lot of fun and we'll see you soon :)
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun use of the modeling paste -- Thanks for joining in with HOC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to combine the challenges - I love your use of material and modelling paste.
    Thanks for joining us at House of Cards for our CAS challenge.
    Tara (aka Craftilicious)
    HOC CAS DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! This is so fresh and strong! Love the hearts and the color combibation! Thank you for playing with us at HOC this week! Hope to see you next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fabulous card from you Deepti, I always love seeing your creations! The modelling paste worked beautifully and you did a wonderful job with those colours again! Thanks so much for playing along with us at HOC, I hope we see you again very soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Deepti
    This is a perfect example of a CAS card, I love your bright palette, Thanks for joining us this week at HOC, we love to see your work.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Deepti! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete